Adoption Terms & Conditions
- In order to be considered for an adoption you must be at least 18 years of age, have the knowledge and consent of all adults living in your household and have the landlord’s consent to bring an animal onto the property.
- Puppy/kitten or adult has to be given a 14 day chance to settle and get to know their new family, their new boundaries, new home and environment. It is natural for them to feel stressed and unsettled as they would have considered the Sanctuary their home, 14 days should provide the reassurance to adapt.
- We don’t allow dogs/pups/cats/kittens to be adopted to homes with unsterilised pets, as it contradicts our conviction on the importance of sterilisation, not only from a breeding perspective additionally all of the health benefits associated with sterilisation.
- Should you no longer be able to to keep our animal they have to be returned to us, as you are their adoptive family but they still belong to LLF and therefore cannot be handed down to family members to friends, sold, or surrendered to other organisation including SPCA or just anyone.
- All our animals do not get adopted on a “whoever chooses the pet first will get it” but it is rather the home we consider the best fit for the animal that will be chosen.
- Animals cannot be adopted as gifts for families, friends or children. Children are only allowed pets as long as their parents remain responsible until the child is old enough.
- We reserve the right at any time during the adoption process to decline an application, without explanation.
- Please do understand adopting a rescue animal is for life (10-15 year commitment), not a few days, weeks or months, it is FOR LIFE! Please ensure that you are ready to commit.